Ed the entrepreneur
As an entrepreneur and investor Ed always combines his head and his heart, developing ideas and businesses the world desperately needs, whilst doing so with ethics and joy. Ed co-founded Futerra, one of the world’s first specialist sustainability agencies. He was also a founding investor in Loco2, a ground-breaking pan-European train ticketing agency that was sold to SNCF in 2017.
Most recently Ed co-founded The Futurenauts, a strategy ‘insultancy’, with his friend and collaborator Mark Stevenson.
Ed is also an investor in a number of different ethical start-up businesses including:
- Byway – slow, flight-free, low carbon travel
- Piclo – market platform for energy flexbility
- Bennamann – biomethane capture
- Small Robot Company – agricultural robotics
- Common Objective – sustainable fashion
- Demand Logic – building energy performance
- Raw Bottles – sustainable flasks
- Breakroom – making every job a good job
- Flown – enabling deep work